2 tbsp ground flaxseed
4 tbsp cold water
1 ripe banana
1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
6-8 drops liquid stevia
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
+ Coconut oil spray
+ Chocolate chips optional
+ Festive sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and lightly spray a baking tray with coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana until almost liquid form.
- Add in the peanut butter, stevia, protein powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Add in the flaxseed mixture and mix ingredients together well until a thick dough forms.
- Spread the dough out on a medium baking tray.
- Gently press the mixture down with your hand or a spatula to ensure it’s even across the top.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, until the outside is crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
*Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.