Packed with vitamins, protein and antioxidants, this smoothie should be your go-to drink to keep colds at bay.
Vitamin C-packed mango and pineapple give this smoothie added sweetness from natural sugars. Mango has even been shown to protect against cancer and may help lower cholesterol.
To help ward against a seasonal cold, we added fresh ginger to the mix. Ginger has been proven to help with nausea, pain and inflammation as well.
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach and /or kale
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mix of mango, and pineapple chunks
- 1/3 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla BuiltByStrength Protein Powder
- Add the spinach and kale to a blender with the almond milk and blend well.
- Add the frozen fruit, avocado, ginger and lemon and blend until smooth.
- Add the scoop of protein and blend until well smoothe. *If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.