An easy, no-mixer-required recipe for chewy gingerbread oatmeal cookies full of flavor and protein! Made with no refined flour or sugar and only 92 calories per cookie! That definitely makes for one happy holiday season!
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup room temperature
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 tbsp granulated stevia
- 2 tsp nonfat milk
- Whisk together the oats, flour, protein powder, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and molasses. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to about half of the cookie dough’s original height using a spatula. Bake at 325°F for 10-13 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- While the cookies bake, prepare the icing by stirring together the stevia and milk in a small bowl. Transfer the mixture to a zip-topped bag. Once the cookies have cooled completely and just before serving, cut off a small piece of one corner of the bag, and drizzle the cookies with the icing.