Want to add a little extra power to your holiday baking? Try these protein packed Monster Cookie Protein Bars!
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup light butter, melted*
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 whole egg
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 scoops Built By Strength Vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup oat flour
1/4 cup granulated zero calorie sweetener
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Christmas colored m&m’s
*Light butter has just 4g of fat per tbsp. compared to about 12 in regular butter or coconut oil. You can use regular butter or coconut oil and the recipe will work the same, but the fat/calories will be higher.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add oats, protein powder, flour, sweetener, and salt to a large bowl. Mix.
- Add peanut butter, melted light butter, egg, and Greek yogurt. Mix until combined. Finally, add applesauce. Mix.
- Now add peanut butter chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and m&m candies. Gently stir into batter.
- Line a 9×9 cake pan with parchment paper. Add batter to pan. Sprinkle with extra peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and m&m’s if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake, or they will dry out. If anything, take them out when they look under-done as they will continue to cook slightly once out of the oven.
- Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
Yield: 16 bars
Nutrition per bar (out of 16): 160 calories, 9 protein, 13 carbs, 9 fat, 2 fiber, 7 sugar