Protein Cinnamon Rolls - Easy Baking Recipe
We have a prefect macro friendly breakfast favorite recipe for you! Delicious cinnamon rolls! Made in minutes, with no complicated steps! Once you make them, you will want them everyday for breakfast or a quick snack! Directions: Dough 4 tablespoons almond flour or 1/2 coconut flour and 1/2 almond flour 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder 1 tablespoon erythritol ⅛ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon liquid egg whites Cinnamon filling ½ tablespoon erythritol or sugar ¼ teaspoon cinnamon INSTRUCTIONS
- To make the cinnamon filling: in a small bowl or mug, combine ½ tablespoon erythritol or sugar with the cinnamon and set aside.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a mug, combine the almond flour ( and coconut flour is using), protein powder, salt, 1 tablespoon erythritol, and baking powder. Add in the lemon juice and egg whites. Mix until completely combined, and all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3-4 times, or until it comes together. Flatten the dough into a rectangle that is 2-3 inches wide and as thin as you can make it.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the dough. Carefully roll the dough up from the short side and place on the prepared plate. Microwave for a one and a half minutes or until risen.
- For the Glaze: Combine 1 tablespoon powdered sugar with ¼-1/2 teaspoon almond milk and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cooked cinnamon bun.